Competitions are a way of having fun and improving your photography skills at the same time.
We run internal competitions which are critiqued by a judge who can give ideas about how you might improve.
We also hold competitions against other clubs and members get the opportunity to enter National and International events.
Competitions are popular. They allow members to submit images anonymously and get an unbiased comment and mark from a judge.
There is then the incentive to take more images, remembering the feedback and so improve quality for the next competition. It is a powerful mechanism for improvement
Competition nights are well attended because most members enjoy seeing other members work and joining in the commentary.
All Members Whatever Their Ability Can Enter Our Competitions
And They Get A Lot Out Of The Experience
- It gives you a fresh aim and new perspective to your photography.
- Be challenged to move onward and upward.
- It leads you into greater artistic dimensions.
- It is interesting to see other members ‘take’ on a given subject.
- You learn such a lot by listening to the Judges comments.